Solaris renderman's incremental off?

1620   2   1
52 posts
Hi all,

Sorry if this are simple questions, but Im finding them hard to be answered by the documentation.

Is there a way to turn off incremental rendering for renderman when in ‘image view’ solaris mode ? Also is there a way to add additional image plane (aovs) to the interactive scene view when using delegates such as karma or renderman? I find it very limited to only have color and depth for example.

Also is there a way to control colorspace for the render delegate view (again, karma, renderman, arnold, etc)? What about snapshots for that view?

thanks!
スタッフ
5164 posts
I don't know if there's a setting to turn off Incremental rendering in Renderman (or any delegate). It would be a delegate specific setting as USD doesn't define such an option.

Also is there a way to add additional image plane (aovs) to the interactive scene view when using delegates such as karma or renderman? I find it very limited to only have color and depth for example.

You can place down a Render Settings LOP with some Render Var LOPs to generate more AoVs. What you see in the viewport AOV menu is what the delegate reports. If no render variables exist, the list will be the default set of AOVs that the renderer supports.

Also is there a way to control colorspace for the render delegate view (again, karma, renderman, arnold, etc)? What about snapshots for that view?

Open the Color Correction toolbar from the viewport menu (Persp > Correction toolbar) and you'll be able to set the View (if using OCIO) or LUT/gamma (if not). Flipbooking will pick colorspace up if you render the entire viewport, or it'll flipbook linear if you're only rendering the beauty pass.
52 posts
Thanks! super helpful as always!
  • Quick Links