how to randomize radius on sweep node? Can't get it to work.

3487   2   1
30 posts
Hi everyone I'm on Sops(using a popsim with trails to create my curves), all curves are its on prims(i checked)
but for the life of me, i can't get sweep radius field to work . Because it didnt work on the sweep directly from the trailsop(if i add 1 to the radius it works fine, but its when i try adding an expression it breaks), so i decided to try a loop for each pritive and add the sweep there but still no luck.

(I'm trying fit(rand(@class),0,1,0.3,1) - i tried adding connectivity to make sure, no good, tried @primnum, tried copying attributes (pscale) , nothing seems to work(always tells me it cant find those local variables).

any reason no variable seems to work?

thanks.
33 posts
You just have to set a pscale attribute on your curves, one way is to use Attribute Randomize set to Primitive and then Attribute Promote to Points. Sweep SOP uses pscale to scale the radius on the given curves.
https://behance.net/derya [behance.net]
30 posts
Yader
You just have to set a pscale attribute on your curves, one way is to use Attribute Randomize set to Primitive and then Attribute Promote to Points. Sweep SOP uses pscale to scale the radius on the given curves.
worked. thanks
  • Quick Links