COPY STAMP SOP, Third party render, texture

1398   2   0
2 posts
Hey all

I am trying to create a very basic balloon setup, where I have some different octane ( could be redshift or anything else I surpose) textures, that I want to run through a switch, so they vary, and then into a COPY STAMP SOP, and finally into a DOP network…the other input in my COPY STAMP SOP is just a scatter that feeds with points… everything in my setup works, except that when I hit the COPY STAMP SOP node, my textures goes all funny … before the COPY STAMP SOP it works fine. Does anyone know if its even possible to run a third party render texture through that node with correct Uv's? I have seen a bunch of tutorials out there doing it successfully with basic color - but not texture?

Any help would make my day!!

Casper
7737 posts
What is it that you are varying when you say you are hooking up a texture to a copy stamp? A texture is not geometry and cannot be varied that way. An attribute containing the path to a texture file can be varied, or different materials with different assigned textures can be varied, or material overrides can be used to vary the parameters of a material. None of which involve copy stamping, I wouldn't think.

I don't know enough about redshift or octane to know which methods are available to vary material properties such as texture path, but the most brute force method of creating a different material for each texture should work in any renderer.
2 posts
Hey jsmack

Thank you for replying!

I can see why you ask, that was formulated in a strange way It was a balloon model I made, that needed different textures, made with a switch - and everything in the network worked fine before I ran it through the copy stamp node… but I found the solution after clicking and pulling every node and box in there

It was because I had 2 uv texture nodes at the same time. One in the geo network, and one in the shop network, in my octane setup. As soon as I deleted the one in my shop network everything worked fine Sometimes the solution is simple, but hard to find

But thanks for your reply - love this community!

All the best, Casper
  • Quick Links