Houdini + Arnold flickering particles only visible in render

1776   1   1
20 posts
Hi,

I am working on a scene where I have a particle system that forms gradually. There is a barrel in the scene that progressively dissolves, and a foam-like substance takes its place before melting down. The barrel animation is driven by a pyro source spread, that in conjunction with an Axiom solver, also drives the velocity of the POP simulation. The simulation works fine. However, in rendering (with Arnold), I have many tiny particles under the intended particles that reflect the light source while flickering, and these are not present on every frame. This flicker only appears in the render. I cannot see anything between the "real" particles and the box object below in the viewport. I am attaching the first few frames + an annotated frame. Any idea what is causing my issue? Thanks
Edited by mzo - 2021年4月22日 18:48:23

Attachments:
noiseNotes.jpg (175.0 KB)
noise.0001.jpg (128.2 KB)
noise.0002.jpg (128.9 KB)
noise.0003.jpg (127.1 KB)
noise.0005.jpg (126.6 KB)
noise.0006.jpg (129.6 KB)

20 posts
UPDATE: I found the solution and I thought to share it in case anybody else had this problem. The issue was in the Points from Volume node that I used to generate the points to feed to the POP solver. Changing the construction method from Sparse Volume to Dense Grid removed those leaking extra points that created the flicker.
  • Quick Links