how to update cops on rendering

3112   2   1
537 posts
There seems to be an issue where if I set up a render chain where the 3D / camera scenes render to image sequences, then if I read in those same files into a COP chain, and then attach a compositing-render-node downstream of the origional 3D render's, the file-cops don't update until I click on the “reload” button.

It's fine if I hit the reload, but in the case where I want to delete the images or change the image size (which causes the natural resolution to change) I would have to manually wait for my 3D stuff to render before hitting the update button for the 2D stuff.

This is a problem when I have chains and chains of 3D that depends on 2D, any ideas on how to make the file cop's automatically adapt to whatever I give them (as long as they are downstream in the render nodes).
4262 posts
andrewlowell
There seems to be an issue where if I set up a render chain where the 3D / camera scenes render to image sequences, then if I read in those same files into a COP chain, and then attach a compositing-render-node downstream of the origional 3D render's, the file-cops don't update until I click on the “reload” button.

On the Comp ROPs there should be a parameter called “Reload All Files”

Turning that on should cause the COP networks to update.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
537 posts
Ah HA! that works thank you very much
  • Quick Links