unlock assets on create

5325   5   2
1390 posts
hey there!
can I do automaticaly “Allow editing of contents” while creating new instance of my assets?
I tried to add in CreateScript (inside HDA definition) line: “otsync -u” but it doesn't work.
I just want to allow editing in every instance of HDA.

thanks,
sy.
Edited by - 2007年3月6日 13:40:46
1631 posts
Can't you save your HDA with “Save Contents as Locked” unchecked? This will allow editing by default. The option is found under the Basic tab of the Operator Type Properties dialog.

Cheers!
steven
スタッフ
4445 posts
You don't want to uncheck “Save Contents as Locked” because then everything goes into the Creation Script which is slower, and doesn't support Edit SOPs (which can't be opscripted). You want to turn on the “Unlock New Nodes on Creation” toggle, which is designed precisely for this purpose.

Mark
1390 posts
thanks for your help and explanation, gentlemen!

cheers,
sy.
1631 posts
mtucker
You don't want to uncheck “Save Contents as Locked” because then everything goes into the Creation Script which is slower, and doesn't support Edit SOPs (which can't be opscripted). You want to turn on the “Unlock New Nodes on Creation” toggle, which is designed precisely for this purpose.
Doh! I didn't look at the option below. ops:

Thanks for the explanation Mark!

Cheers!
steven
581 posts
stevenong
mtucker
Doh! I didn't look at the option below. ops:
steven
Me too, thanks Mark
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
  • Quick Links