Render looks different from what I see in Houdini?

617   1   0
1 posts
Hello,

So my render looks different from what I see while I'm working in Houdini. Even when I try screenshotting my monitor, it looks the same as the render. How is that even possible???? h e l p

I attached the render + a video of what it looks like on my computer

I'm using a mac btw

If anyone answers this question thank you in advance!!!!

Attachments:
IMG_6914.MOV (2.4 MB)
apple.karma1.0001.png (756.8 KB)

7770 posts
What viewing color space are you using for Houdini? Are you using an OCIO color pipeline?

Instead of a video why not attach a screenshot? It's hard to tell anything from a video as there's nothing to compare it with. The video seems to show the render is being displayed with a tone mapping curve of some kind such as ACES. Since the default is a simple gamma curve, how did you end up with a tone mapping curve in the first place?

To bake the color transform when saving as a display referred image, you'll need to apply the same display color transform used in the viewer. If the color is coming from and OCIO config, this can be done with Nuke, or using the OCIO command line tools. Houdini doesn't have the ability to apply a display transform to an image when saving, however some configs represent the display transform as a colorspace which can be applied using an OCIO transform node in a VOPCOP.
  • Quick Links