Karma - Render properties for rendering thin splines

828   1   1
24 posts
Hello!
I'm kind of new to Karma, Solaris and the whole LOP context so please forgive any lack of knowledge.
I'm trying to transition from using Mantra to Karma and stage on a project I am working on and I've come across the first hurdle I haven't been able to solve by reading up on the documentation. I am rendering very thin curve geometry and I was looking for a setting in Karma that would be equivalent to the "vm_geometryfilterwidth" parameter you can add for Mantra so that when geometry approaches sub-pixel the renderer always keeps the geometry x amount of pixel in width but compensates by lowering the alpha value instead. Doing this so that I won't have to increase the pixel samples to un-godly amounts just to cleanly render a constant shaded spline without having the thinnest parts flicker in and out of existence.

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated, thank you so much for the read!
Edited by underscoreus - 2023年6月4日 04:45:42
77 posts
im also not an expert, but i would say this feature is not supported, because i would expect this parameter to hang out with render settings with other curve render parameters, or the render geometry settings, but don't see it neither of those places
  • Quick Links