Creating Digital asset with rop geometry node.

810   2   1
34 posts
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a Digital asset using geometry rop node in the out context. When I am using it with the deadline submitter to launch jobs on farm it doesn`t generate any output, as if It`s not able to read the geometry node inside the digital asset, I tried using a fetch node in between the digital asset and the submitter, and it did show the output path in deadline console, though it didn`t generate any output. Is creating an HDA in the out context any different then SOP? Any help is appreciated.
1908 posts
Unfortunately this is entirely an issue with the ROP Deadline submission tooling in that it is pretty bad at what it lets you do. It totally doesn't understand the concept of digital assets so as you've found out you can't really create wrappers around Houdini nodes and get it to work. TOPs might be a better option, but I don't have much experience with using Deadline from there. Unless you're willing to write your own Deadline submission code you're probably stuck with using straight ROP nodes
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
34 posts
graham
Unfortunately this is entirely an issue with the ROP Deadline submission tooling in that it is pretty bad at what it lets you do. It totally doesn't understand the concept of digital assets so as you've found out you can't really create wrappers around Houdini nodes and get it to work. TOPs might be a better option, but I don't have much experience with using Deadline from there. Unless you're willing to write your own Deadline submission code you're probably stuck with using straight ROP nodes

Indeed default submitter is very problematic, interestingly when I tried submitting multiple times it did work a few times, and others it didn`t.Even tops is causing alot of troubles with deadline ,while the same setup works smoothly with HQ
  • Quick Links