shop_materialpath not working

814   3   0
7 posts
I am having this bug where materials are not being assigned even thoough the shop_materialpath is correct and the materials are there. After splitting the parts that did not get the material assignment and than merging them back together with the original the shop_materialpath works as you can see in the screenshots. Has anyone had something similar? Is there a fix for this? Tested this in 19.5.716 and 19.5.493 the bug is consistent for this model
Edited by Pascal Wiemers - 2023年9月17日 15:56:23

Attachments:
image.png (505.8 KB)
image2.png (285.5 KB)

2544 posts
Your screens are too blurry to read, but your paths are probably wrong. It looks like your s@shop_materialpath starts with /obj. Typically they start with /mat. Do your materials exist? What render engine are you targeting?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
7 posts
Enivob
Your screens are too blurry to read, but your paths are probably wrong. It looks like your s@shop_materialpath starts with /obj. Typically they start with /mat. Do your materials exist? What render engine are you targeting?

They are correct and the materials do exist as stated. Otherwise it would not suddenly start working after splitting and merging the parts that do not work.
1 posts
Hey, sorry for kinda posting offtopic but could you elaborate me how do you turn prim groups into shop_materialpath? Im bad at vex and have been smashing my head to the wall because i cant figure it out, I have large amount of prim groups that I would want to turn to shop_materialpath
  • Quick Links