.env files setting not working with relative path

794   1   1
12 posts
Hi Folks !

I'm looking into Houdini Engine for unreal pipeline. And I need to set some variable using an .env file.

I populate the setting "Houdini Environment Files" and it's working fine if I put the full path: C:/bla/bla/Content/Houdini/file.env, but it doesn't if I set it like this /Game/Content/Houdini/file.env

Is that intended or I'm missing something ? Having such paths relative to project would be super helpful.

Cheers,
Guillaume
5 posts
We also tried really hard to make a relative path work to provide the location of HDA-SourceFiles that were distributed in a custom plugin. We even tried to modify the HoudiniEngine SourceCode but haven't gotten anything to work in the short amount of time we had for this at the time.
Eventually the easiest solution for us was to have a HoudiniConfig directory at the same location on every machine that points to the custom location of Plugin-Root for the specific project.
So C://    
   |--HoudiniConfig
        |--ProjectName1
        |    |--houdini.env
        |--ProjectName2
             |--houdini.env
In the HoudiniEngine Settings in Unreal of Project1 we could then point the location of the custom env file to C://HoudiniConfig/ProjectName1/houdini.env and so on.

Now every user just has to create these files on their machine and point them to where they have the project installed.
If you get further with a relative path we would appreciate an update here, as that would eliminate all manual labor from this process.
Edited by MatthiasA - 2023年11月17日 06:59:59
  • Quick Links