Problems with the license administrator [solved]

7619   4   1
31 posts
Hello, until recently I was a happy Houdini user but now after I changed my MAC (ethernet) address each time I want to start Houdini I am prompted to install another license. This is allways happening no matter how many licenses i've installed.

The feedback i get from the licence administrator is that it cannot serve licenses and that the server key is invalid. I have reinstalled houdini trying to fix this but it did not help.

How can I solve this?
Edited by - 2007年10月4日 16:10:52
スタッフ
1449 posts
if you are on Linux, try commenting out the SERVER line in /usr/lib/sesi/licenses file and obtaining the licenses again.

When you change the MAC, the SERVER license becomes invalid, but it looks like it does not get properly updated with the new one during the process of obtaining new licenses. Commenting it out, makes it look like there is no SERVER license, so a new, correct one should be installed when you get new licenses.
31 posts
Unfortunately I am not using Linux. How can I fix this on Windows?
1631 posts
Hi,

If you're using a laptop & you disable & enable your wireless adapter, I would recommend disabling it when installing your licenses. This way, the licenses will be tied to the ethernet which is enabled all the time, I hope. Anyways, vice versa.

To re-install your licenses on Windows, go to Services, look for HoudiniServer & HoudiniLicenseServer and stop both services. Next, go to C:\Windows\Keys & delete all the files in the directory. Start the HoudiniServer & HoudiniLicenseServer services then install the Apprentice licenses again.

Cheers!
steven
31 posts
Thank you. That did the trick.
  • Quick Links