why memery error when using chopcf ?

5930   7   0
21 posts
Hi . I have a fearful problem
I read a obj file( 11000 vertex ) in sop, then I read a chan file in chop ,change name to tx.(chan file contain every point`s xyz information )
but when I connect point node to obj file . and input chopcf(“/obj/model/chop1/file1”,$PT,$F) in point`s tx channel. the clchan.exe error “memery Error 0x000000000,can not be read……”

My computer have 2 Gb memery…..outOfMemort? or there are have anothier method to read pointarray information to transform object? Please help me
Edited by - 2007年10月23日 10:30:17
21 posts
afterward I ween maybe too much point ,then I change obj to 1000 vertex..but all the same……..
21 posts
up!!
スタッフ
1450 posts
it could be a bug in the software if it tries to read memory at address 0x0 (if that's what the error message implies)

does the number of channels match the number of points? Also, does it still crash with even less points? Would you be able to post a simplified example that illustrates the crash?
21 posts
ok.
This is the obj file(1300 vertex) and chan file contain every point`s xyz position . the houdini file contain what I want achieve.
maybe there is another way use chan to modifi every point`s position(or other) ….but I do not know ………

Attachments:
simple.rar (199.9 KB)

1631 posts
Hi,

May I know how are you generating the .chan files? I am unable to load them in Linux. I keep getting a “Missing Token” error with Houdini 8.1 & 8.2. With Houdini 9, it just crashes.

Cheers!
steven
スタッフ
1450 posts
yes, in H9 the File CHOP crashes if you load any of the .chan files and try to set new name and display the chop in the motion view (it won't crash if the Name Options parameter is left at default value). This is clearly a bug.

Bug submitted (#27915)
21 posts
oh..god!
I write it in maya API,and copy the data stream in *.chan file…
Is this my problem? but if I read less than 500-700 vertex . it will succeed……
or my chan file error for write?be in muddleheaded -_-!
  • Quick Links