Bug: Disappearing edit fields

3532   3   1
46 posts
Sometimes it happens, that Houdini hides an input field of a float vector3 attribute. I can't reproduce this constantly, but every one and then it happens. Most often it happens, when I was editing something in the attribute shown before the affected one, then tabbing to accept the input. Often I forget to move the focus out of the now focused input field. Maybe cause H8's input fields didn't have that strong focus and didn't react, when pressing a key over another pane (but my mind could cheat me on this). When pressing the space-bar over the viewer-pane to tumble the camera i now modify the focused attribute unintentionally. See example image 1.
That way I created a new channel, that can't be evaluated. I remove it by left-clicking with Ctrl on the input-field. Houdini now puts the attribute widget into expression mode and stretches the first input field over the complete width (see image 2). When clicking onto the label to leave the expression mode, Houdini sometimes doesn't restore the 3 line edits. Tabbing to the second component of the attribute results in image 3, leaving the edit field by clicking on another widget then results in image 4. What's interesting is, that when focusing the missing widget (through tabbing to it), it still reacts to keyboard input.
I'm working Houdini Apprentice 9.1.179, Linux i686 gcc4.1 on Kubuntu 7.10 (32bit). My computer is a laptop with a GeForce 6800Go using the regular nvidia driver (version 100.14.19).

Attachments:
missingRotateY1.jpg (22.0 KB)
missingRotateY2.jpg (21.8 KB)
missingRotateY3.jpg (21.3 KB)

46 posts
Added 4th attachment.

Attachments:
missingRotateY4.jpg (21.7 KB)

1631 posts
I've been getting this for months & the issue has been reported but no fix yet.

Cheers!
steven
46 posts
Thanks for the info. I searched the forum, but didn't find anything. I should have known, that something obvious as this can't be unnoticed ;-)
  • Quick Links