Parameter update when moving/rotating object etc..

4002   3   0
15 posts
When adjusting an object in the view port using the move/rotate/scale handles the objects parameter's don't update in the ‘parameter pane’ while adjusting them, only once the adjustment is complete?

Is there a setting somewhere to enable the parameters to change whilst i'm using the objects handles?

Thanks,
Nic
1907 posts
In the bottom right corner of the UI is a button that looks like a knob with numbers behind it. This toggles Interactive Updates. Toggling this on will cause the parameters to update when they are modified or during playback.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
15 posts
Just another little thing solved.

Thank you graham!
13 posts
With the “Interactive Update” off, if I put down a node during playback, its parameters are not updated (–). When I stop the playback, I would expect the parameters to be updated. But they are blank, until I start changing them or click on the label, individually. And let's say I click on the label of one of the parameters so the value shows up, then create another node of the same type. The only parameter with values would be the one I just clicked in the old node, with everything else blank. Is this how it should work? Again, I would have expected an update to fill in the values of the parameters when the playback has stopped. This is houdini running on Linux, but I've seen it on a different platform as well.

Chyuan

Attachments:
InteractivePlaybackParameter.jpg (25.2 KB)

• Quick Links