How to reduce poly count according camera distance?

10196   6   3
34 posts
Hi everyone
I created one tours and grid the copy node replace to grid point on tours now I want reduce poly count according camera or any object distance .
Near tours I need more polycount far tours less poly count.
Edited by - 2008年11月26日 10:53:06

Attachments:
ReduceCount2.jpg (95.7 KB)

7734 posts
I think you want to put your PolyReduce SOP after your Copy SOP. Then in your PolyReduce SOP, use the Distance option and for the Object parameter give it the path to your camera.

BTW, please try to reduce the size of your posted images to less than 800 pixels in width.
34 posts
edward
I think you want to put your PolyReduce SOP after your Copy SOP. Then in your PolyReduce SOP, use the Distance option and for the Object parameter give it the path to your camera.

BTW, please try to reduce the size of your posted images to less than 800 pixels in width.
If I add poly reduce after the copy node it's reducing overall but I want to reduce tours by tours .
225 posts
try the foreach sop
1390 posts
One of possible setups:

Attachments:
reduce_by_distance.hipnc (84.8 KB)
Screenshot.png (109.9 KB)

225 posts
Very nice Sy. Only one issue with it is the reduction is reversed if the camera happens to be in a negative quadrant (effectively)
1390 posts
tallkien
Very nice Sy. Only one issue with it is the reduction is reversed if the camera happens to be in a negative quadrant (effectively)

Is it? Oh, I'm embarrassed ops: Well, here is a first thing comes to my mind, although I'm sure we're already on a wrong path (too complicated). I just switch min/max values based on camera position.

Attachments:
reduce_by_distance2.hipnc (118.9 KB)

• Quick Links