VEX UV Project placement [SOLVED]

4027   3   1
166 posts
I'm trying to project a texture on to an object using the UV Project. I can't do it at SOP level due to that I only want one texture in my shader to be projected that way.

Therefore I use the VEX UV Project, however. Unlike the SOP UV Project, with this one I can't find any way to control the projection other than from the camera.

How do I project a 2D texture at VEX level with the ability to control the projection? Am I using the wrong node?
Edited by - 2009年3月24日 10:00:02
スタッフ
1072 posts
xtimmyx
I'm trying to project a texture on to an object using the UV Project. I can't do it at SOP level due to that I only want one texture in my shader to be projected that way.

You should still be able to do it at the SOP level using layers. See the layer SOP.
166 posts
Ondrej
xtimmyx

You should still be able to do it at the SOP level using layers. See the layer SOP.

Thanks, that did the trick! I was able to use the Layer SOP to create an alternative UV map, then I used a Shading Layer Parameter in my shader to pick that specific UV map for my texture.

However, it would still be nice to be able to do these projections in the shader without using the Layer SOP on every object with the shader (which in this case luckily is just one). Anyone got a suggestion for that?
166 posts
It is also possible to us the “To NDC” node to convert the 3D position to screen space coordinates and then input those in a texture. To achieve this effect in the shader only as well. However with that approach you must project and render from the same camera.
  • Quick Links