houxmlrpc - few questions about remote rendering

1925   0   0
8555 posts
i am trying to send rendering request to remote machine with houxmlrpc as in python master class

the remote machine has opened port 8888
hython
import houxmlrpc
houxmlrpc.run(port=8888)

then i made simple python script in HDA module which sends request for rendering certain file on remote machine
import houxmlrpc
remoteHou = houxmlrpc.ServerProxy("http://10.0.1.101:8888 [10.0.1.101]“).hou
remoteHou.hipFile.load(”//path/to/hip/file.hip“)
remoteHou.node(”/out/mantra1").render()

everything is working as expected, the render starts and the remote machine is rendering the whole sequence

BUT

my machine is waiting for the remote machine to complete the render so i am unable to continue working (sending other renders to other machines etc.)

1. is there any way to send the rendering command to remote machine and be able to continue working?
2. can i send more commands to remote machine which will be executed one after another (like rop1.render();rop2.render()…) but again without master machine waiting
3. when the remote machine finishes rendering, it is still connected to my machine, is there any command i can send to disconnect it, making that port(8888) free for other connections?
command remoteHou.exit() exits hython on remote machine and thus closes the listening port

can someone help me with this? thanks
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links