need help fast

6095   9   1
45 posts
i need help i run an imac, snow leapord
i've downloaded the newest version of houdini, installed it, and every time i open it it opens the loading menu, and quits out without telling me anything

this happens every time i try

also geo and image viewer dont work
35 posts
hey mate,

I'm assuming u've gone through this:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=16738 [sidefx.com]

also have u tried to completely de- and re-install Houdini?!
45 posts
ive deleted my files in the apps folder, and dled the newest version of houdini and installed it
i'll try unistalling
it didnt work, i uninstalled and reinstalled still quits out
35 posts
Have you checked if your licenses installed properly through the license administrator?
45 posts
i cant get my su root password
i tried my main user password, i tried nothing

i then did sudo passwd command, but i'm worried i might mess something up
45 posts
ok well being impatient as i am, i changed the password
i got it to work, and unlocked those 2 folders, and i can enter them now

i opened houdini and it worked, i got to the install license page, click next, accepted agreement thing, and then it gave me a pop up saying

“error installing key: LICENSE Generic Houdini-Master-NonCommercial 10.0 1 17-nov-2009 +.+.+.+ macintosh.local 49e…*keeps going*
could not write the license to file:
/Library/Preferences/sesi/licenses.local”
45 posts
bump!
using the unlocked admin tools i completely uninstalled every version of houdini i still had, and reinstalled from the disk image

the admin and extras folder are unopenable again and i'm back where i started…
スタッフ
1450 posts
To fix the issue of not being able to write the license to file /Library/Preferences/sesi/licenses.local, you can try changing the permissions.

If the file /Library/Preferences/sesi/licenses.local exists, give yourself Read+Write permission. If it does not exist, then give yourself the Read+Write permissions to the /Library/Preferences/sesi folder. To do that, right-click on the file, choose “Get Info”. If the permissions section is grayed out, click on the padlock and enter the admin password.

You can also try downloading and installing a newer daily build version of Houdini than the one you are currently using:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1207&Itemid=273#daily [sidefx.com]
45 posts
it worked thanks a lot! i hope i dont have to do this for every new build…
  • Quick Links