Exporting Houdini particles to Maya

11094   7   1
4 posts
Hi everyone !

I am new to Houdini and i discovered how Houdini Particles system is very powerful, and I am thinking about use it just for doing Particles system and so on…
BUT there is a problem (obviously), i can easily export my rigid bodies simulations to Maya ( using the FBX format ) but i can't export particles…

I took a look at this : http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=79714&sid=83c9bb33d7908acba5a65f8d2a4715d9 [sidefx.com] but i don't know how to install the files that have to be installed in Houdini…

In the actual version, there is no longer “DSO” folder in Document folder, so We can not cop the files there anymore.

Does anyone has a solution exporting the particles system from Houdini to Maya ?

Thanks
4 posts
up
110 posts
It's a custom operator, meaning you have to compile it.

If you don't have the means, I might be able to help compiling it for win64 or linux rehl5 4.1 gcc, with the latest production build.

Hope this helps.
280 posts
Ratmann
It's a custom operator, meaning you have to compile it.

If you don't have the means, I might be able to help compiling it for win64 or linux rehl5 4.1 gcc, with the latest production build.

Hope this helps.

yes Please…
thx…
696 posts
yes Please…
thx…

So…. uh… which version is it that you need? It takes work for Ratmann to help you out and it makes a difference which operating system you're on. Are you on Windows x64?
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
280 posts
win x64
latest production build for 10.x and 11.x would be great…

thx
best regards
Patar
19 posts
download realflow plugin for hu and than export particles to rf bin format
280 posts
dont u know that rf particle has its limitation?
such as no custom attribute.. etc…
i know that maya's does too (have limitation)
thats why id like to have my options open if possible…
  • Quick Links