SideFX Downloads Stalling?

5173   5   0
32 posts
Anyone else having this problem? Happens to me here at work and at home using Firefox. Basically when I try to download something from SideFX, be it the most recent build of apprentice or perhaps a video or a PDF, the download will start normally and then hang up a few minutes in. If I pause the download and restart it repeatedly in Firefox's download manager I can get it to finish, but otherwise I can't get a download to continue to completion. Only happens with SideFX in my experience, but it's been this way for a while. No one else seeing this?
-nimajneb
57 posts
It happens to me periodically and then usually clears up in a couple of days for some reason.

Just FYI It's broken for me too this morning.
57 posts
Are you running Avast?
13 posts
yep, avast blocks the dl from side effects in my experience. don't know why, but disable it temporarily (or use another comp if you have any) and all goes smooth.
32 posts
I'm not running avast. On a Mac here. Doesn't mean some other corporate AV tool isn't doing though. It would be nice if the DL link was a simple FTP link though. That way I could put it into an FTP client it would take care of doing the restarts if the DL stopped.
-nimajneb
12534 posts
It used to happen to me a lot — not lately though, and I don't know what changed on our end.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
  • Quick Links