unable to rearrange parameters in the nodes

2649   4   0
64 posts
I have been writing python custom nodes and it seems that once i add the parameters in my nodes, i cant rearrange them , its kind of troublesome , have anyone encounter that ?
1908 posts
Can you provide an example? Are you adding the parameters to the asset or as spare parameters? Do you add them through the interface or via scripting?
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
64 posts
I am adding the parameters to the asset and via the interface. I attached a file in which i isolated the problem and did a null node and i added some parameters in from the edit parameter tab, when i wanna rearrange the parameters its not allowed.

This happens too when i try to add a parameter in my custom python node.

Attachments:
can_rearrange_parameter.hipnc (36.9 KB)

1908 posts
I see you are running linux. Do you have any desktop effects enabled? These can cause problems with dragging and dropping UI elements in Houdini from time to time. I've encountered this before myself when dealing with parameters or dragging nodes and stuff to the Python shell for example.

Just now I had my effects on Ubuntu enabled when I opened your file the first time and could not reorder the parameters. If I disable, or disable and then enable them and load it it works fine.

Desktop effects have notoriously caused problems in the past so you are best to keep them off.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
64 posts
thanks yup i have my desktop effects on, will turn it off.
  • Quick Links