A cached results incorrect problem for SOP solver

5600   2   0
20 posts
Hi guys,

I did a simple test following by a video tutorial from http://vimeo.com/6663811 [vimeo.com], but I was stuck. First, I created a box object including an attribute named “test”, and then load it into a DOP with a SOP solver. Next, I entered to the SOP solver and created an attribute named “test” with a value “$TEST + 1” below the dop_geometry node in order to accumulate itself while moving time slider.

Whenever I dragging time slider inside the SOP solver, the attribute can't be accumulated, and the sopsolver would show a warning “…cooked in Immediate mode, cached results incorrect.” But as I jumped up to DOP level, played a whole frame range, and then enter to sopsolver, the accumulation did work without any warning msg.

I tried to figure it out by downloading the tutorial scene file which is v10. I found the dop_geometry node inside sopsolver is totally different than v11. The v10 one is based on Object Merge node, while the v11 one is Dop Import. I have no idea what's going on with it. Is anyone who could give me some hints or solution? Thanks!

Attachments:
attribute acculmulation in sopsolver.hip (125.3 KB)

8581 posts
your file is good and is behaving correctly
it doesn't matter whether you use Object Merge or Dop Import, both can bring geometry from previous timestep (actually i found Object Merge performing faster)

but to get correct result you must be outside of the Sop Solver
or pin your viewport while being outside of it, then dive inside and it should be working
It's similar workflow as with ForEach SOP
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
20 posts
Hi

Thanks for your answer. I really get it!
  • Quick Links