driving a HDA's transform using a chop inside the hda

1983   0   0
54 posts
Hi guys,

I'm trying to drive a digital asset's transforms using chops which are inside the network work.

everything works fine until i connect a parameter of the digital asset to the chops network (which i guess causes some dependency problem for houdini)

now the transform channels still update in the in the parameter editor, but not in the viewport. if i save the scene at a specific time and save and re-open it, it also updates in the viewport.

any way control a chops network using parameters on the digital asset AND also drive the digital asset's transforms with those chops?

in the example i'm posting i've just created a subnet with a “Wave Amplitude” parameter, which is connected to a wave chop inside the network, that wave chop then exports to the subnet's translate channels.

in this example it's even weirder, it only doesn't work if i save the scene with the amplitude parameter is at 0, to see the effect open the scene, change or animate the parameter and hit play, nothing happens in the viewer

Attachments:
objectlevelchops.hipnc (83.6 KB)

• Quick Links