Re-write Blender Python script for Houdini?

2997   2   2
36 posts
Hi,

Does anyone have Python scripting experience from both Blender and Houdini? I would like to make a Python script written for Blender work in Houdini, and I wonder how difficult this would be. (It clearly depends on the complexity of the script, but generally, how big are the differences?) I'm not a very experienced programmer.

Thanks,
Fredrik
1390 posts
Fr3drik
Hi,
Does anyone have Python scripting experience from both Blender and Houdini? I would like to make a Python script written for Blender work in Houdini, and I wonder how difficult this would be. (It clearly depends on the complexity of the script, but generally, how big are the differences?) I'm not a very experienced programmer.
Thanks,
Fredrik

Don't mimic the script, but name what it does for you, then we could figure out how to do it in Houdini. Perhaps you don't even have to write a script for that purpose!

cheers,
sy.
36 posts
Hi,

I would like to be able to unfold triangulated meshes into 2d nets, accurately without deforming the polygons.

http://celeriac.net/unfolder/ [celeriac.net]

I realize that this is a pretty complicated subject (the Blender script is 46 Kb)… Would this be possible in Houdini without coding your own algorithms?

Thanks, Fredrik
  • Quick Links