ODE and Pin Constraints

2311   2   0
156 posts
So I was playing around with pin constraints and ODE but it doesnt seem like the ODE is respecting the pin constraints in the same way the rbd solver is.

For instance - set down the chain example from the pin constraint help doc. Replace the rbd solver with a rigid body solver. add a uniform force with torque of 5 in Y. put the uniform force btwn the rbdpinconstraint1 and the applyrel1. hit play.

as an rbd it gives you curled up polygons. as an ODE solver it goes a bit whack.

is this a bug or a fundamental concept i'm missing?
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
156 posts
Are there any expample files from SESI using the ODE solver?

Are pin constraints considered hard constraints?
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
156 posts
Argh!! It was so simple!! I just needed to look at the Collisions tab on the RBD Object, turn on ODE sphere, and viola! It doesnt tweek out!

*sigh* Nevermind. That didnt work either. Maybe it's because it doesnt support angular motion and thats what I was trying to get it to do. Oh well.
  • Quick Links