Grouping by Cloth Properties

2457   2   1
3 posts
I want to make a force mask for the cloth that has torn off. Any ideas?
Can I make groups based off of cloth properties?

A connect sop and partition sop in a sop solver come to mind….is there a smarter way?

-Andrew
スタッフ
429 posts
To create a force mask, you can use the “fexternal” point attribute.
This attribute allows you to specify a separate force vector for each cloth point. The cloth solver will recognize this attribute and apply these force vectors to the cloth.

You can use the Connectivity SOP to determine the connected components of the cloth. You can then determine the value of the “class” attribute for the part that's torn off. You can then set the fexternal attribute to a special value for all points on the part that's torn off, using the “class” attribute.

Another thing related to tearing that may be of use to you are the “tornnow” and “tornever” attributes. The “tornnow” attribute indicates for each point, if the cloth was torn during the current frame. The “tornever” attribute indicates whether the cloth was ever broken along a point.

I hope this helps,

Michiel
3 posts
It certainly does!

Im just starting to wrap my head around the cloth attributes. Its hard to find them in the documentation. I dont think im looking in the right place.

I was just introduced to those attrs that you pointed out in the cloth master class video.

Im going to give this a try.

Thanks alot man!

-Andrew
  • Quick Links