open gl problem or not?

2722   2   1
80 posts
I've just invested in an amd 1090T 6 proc machine, with 8 gig ram and an ATI FirePro V7800 graphics card, windows 7 HP. Imagine my surprise when I got problems with the graphics. I think I'm up to date with GPU drivers, at least I can't find any more recent than I have. I'm using H11.1.67 64-bit.

The symptom is when I go to use say the edit sop the camera window goes blank, or if I hit “w” it'll shade and come back, but flicker when I enable viewport picking but not let me pick anything, other manifestations have been the clip for the ‘inspect’ camera cutting my scene in half, or obscuring it altogether. I had similar, but different problems with my old computer (nvidia 9600GT) so is it a bug or are my OGL settings out of whack?
tea-time + rand(FF) = true
27 posts
I had some serious problems getting Houdini work with my v7750 - so I would tent to blame the ati driver for your issues. It's not uncommon for ati cards to cause trouble with opengl applications. Is the card certified for Houdini? If so you could try to discuss the issue with the ati support. If the card isn't supported you may think about getting a Quadro (or Geforce). I'm also using a Quadro now and never had any problems with Houdini.
80 posts
I've trawled the web a bit more and found that ati cards seem to love this problem. I found a fix but I swap being able to use the edit sop for texture display problems……
tea-time + rand(FF) = true
  • Quick Links