wrong primitive number

2841   4   2
48 posts
i attach screenshot, the prim i selected has id number : 3 as it's highlighted in detail/spreadsheet. but the prim number displayed in viewer is wrong. Why it's displaying different number ? even i can't even see id#0 in the viewer. is this a bug ?

Attachments:
prinnum.jpg (143.3 KB)

156 posts
I have the same problem with the GL 1.2 2.1 & 3.2 viewports. Am still using an older 12.1 release so it may have been fixed since.

To get accurate point and primitive numbers, (and to see duplicate point or prim numbers), I always switch back to the “H11” viewport. Click on Edit/Preferences/3D Viewports, then select “H11” as your “Scene Renderer”.
Floyd Gillis
48 posts
fgillis
I have the same problem with the GL 1.2 2.1 & 3.2 viewports. Am still using an older 12.1 release so it may have been fixed since.

To get accurate point and primitive numbers, (and to see duplicate point or prim numbers), I always switch back to the “H11” viewport. Click on Edit/Preferences/3D Viewports, then select “H11” as your “Scene Renderer”.

cool, that fix the problem. I switched to H11. Btw, what will i loose when switch to H11 ? i mean what significant feature that will be lost ? So far the interactivity in modeling seems to be nice.
102 posts
loccitane
fgillis

cool, that fix the problem. I switched to H11. Btw, what will i loose when switch to H11 ? i mean what significant feature that will be lost ? So far the interactivity in modeling seems to be nice.
huge performance loss on H11 viewport
1743 posts
I don't seem to have this problem in H12.1. However, it seems that you have to click on the Details View after selecting the polygon in the viewport, else the Details View won't redraw, so they can be temporarily out of sync.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links