Viewport problems please help

3803   7   1
7 posts
My viewport seems to have a lot of problems. It's not rotating correctly and a lot of Houdinis features are not working. Basic example is creating a box and adding Cloud rig. The box displays fine but you don't see any cloud in the viewport.

I had amd raedon 6970 HD and thought that was the problem after reinstalling 10+ drivers. So today I bought new 3d card and I have exact same problems.

I'm using Gforce 660 Ti
Windows 7 64 bit
Build 12.5.376

443 posts
I think you are at wireframe mode as I could see in your image. Change it to smooth shaded or smooth wire shaded and enjoy.
7 posts
PradeepBarua
I think you are at wireframe mode as I could see in your image. Change it to smooth shaded or smooth wire shaded and enjoy.

Thanks for reply, I've tried that.

Also tried changing color settings, 3D viewports settings etc…

スタッフ
5161 posts
There have been a few general VDB fixes/upgrades since 376, try upgrading to the latest daily build (12.5.421).
7 posts
twod
There have been a few general VDB fixes/upgrades since 376, try upgrading to the latest daily build (12.5.421).

No luck sir. Same problems.

3D Programs that I use work perfect;
Maya, Zbrush (Tested few games also)

Build 12.5.421;
7 posts
GL 3.2 is now working in my viewport, how ever everything looks pretty badly. Specially the rendering.

Rotating is also still a problem, its not rotating around the objects, it rotates over and under objects;
4189 posts
The viewport rotation could be the preference for ‘Tumbling Method’ - its sounds like you have ‘Classic Houdini Tumbling’ selected under Houdini Preferences/3d Viewport. Try the other options - ‘Standard’ will most likely be familiar. You can also ‘home’ the viewer onto an object by selecting the object and pressing spacebar+G

The rendering quality looks like your settings are too low. Try changing the levels of Transparent Sampling under Out/Mantra node/Properties/Sampling to 10 and also set the Pixel Samples to 6
7 posts
Guys

I reformatted my computer, deleted everything and reinstalled windows 7 (haven't done that for years).

And now it is working perfectly. Thanks for the time and effort for your assistance!

(moderator can delete this thread now if u want)

Kind regards, Finnur
  • Quick Links