Wave Tank Problem..

3374   5   3
310 posts
Hi there,
I recently created an animation with a wave tank. The issue I have is that the wave tank loses velocity over time. When I scoped the parameters, I couldn't find any of the settings animated. The main controls for the wave tank appear to be on the ocean spectrum node in the fluid_Tank_initial node, though once again, there are no controls animated. If anyone could provide advice, I would be most grateful.

Cheers
Joseph
373 posts
The wave tank setup doesn't keep a continual wave motion on the fluids. If that's what you're after, you'll need to bring the vel field into dops and use that to drive the flip. If i have time later today, I'll set up a file for 12.5 … seems to be a popular request.
Ian Farnsworth
310 posts
Awesome! Thanks!
443 posts
Solitude
The wave tank setup doesn't keep a continual wave motion on the fluids. If that's what you're after, you'll need to bring the vel field into dops and use that to drive the flip. If i have time later today, I'll set up a file for 12.5 … seems to be a popular request.

I think It'll help you Midasssilver.

Attachments:
Continuous_wave.hipnc (2.0 MB)

373 posts
^ Thanks for posting that, I was about to open Houdini to make a file… now I don't have to! I'd love it if they included this setup as a shelf tool.
Ian Farnsworth
310 posts
So cool… thx!
  • Quick Links