HOUDINI GEOMETRY QUESTION

2117   2   1
9 posts
i did a voronoi fracture on a geometry in houdini and it was successful and then stuffed the obj with a box and also fractured the box successfully. the problem i have is that when the obj and the box break apart, the box is going through the obj instead of staying inside it while it fractures so it is not interacting with the obj to stay inside it while they both break apart simultaneously. What solution is available to prevent the box from going though the obj while it fractures? (N.B the obj and box must be fractured according to the scene provided to me with the box staying inside the obj). hope to hear from anyone soon.

demo
1391 posts
The first thing is please upload your project or even a simple snapshot about this problem if you can !!!

Did you fracture both objects manually in the Geometry Network ? or you did it in the DOP Network with Make Breakable !? , If you did it in the Geometry Network , So change "Geometry Representation" option to Concave in the RBD Fracture Object –> Collisions –> Bullet Data .

If this is not your solutation , please upload your project. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
210 posts
demo79
i did a voronoi fracture on a geometry in houdini and it was successful and then stuffed the obj with a box and also fractured the box successfully.
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but the way I understand you is, that you fractured the object first and than you placed another box, which you fractured as well?
In order to keep them together you should FIRST merge the two objects and THAN fracture them as one piece. This way they should break and fall apart as if they were one piece.
  • Quick Links