Shaders in mantra3 and mantra

4567   2   0
196 posts
I was using the spots shader and ambient light shader while rendering in mantra, which was fine. Now, for other reasons I am forced to render in mantra3 but the two shaders no longer work.
Also, on another note. When using light beams in the environment section of a light and using geometry to cut it (light through door crack kind of thing) does anyone know how to “increase the number of raytrace steps” so as not to get bits of light escaping through the geometry?

Thanks very much for all replies.

Henster
Henster
7025 posts
Hello,
Mantra3 uses the old Material editor, which is now very outdated and inflexible. Avoid mantra3 if you can. The only reason I know of to use Mantra3 is for lens flares, so if you need those, you're better off just rendering the lens flares with m3 and then comping them in, and rendering everything else with mantra.

Cheers,

Peter B
196 posts
I was using a fog and shining light into it to achieve a crack of light effect. The rendering was very slow and crashed very frequently. The light beams with mantra3 are much quicker and don't crash. Is there a way of rendering these light beams in mantra?
Henster
  • Quick Links