imported curves to guides

2865   2   1
47 posts
Hi

I am importing curves from Maya, to be used as hairs guides.

how should I convert it?

I try to connect it in the input 2 of a hairgen node, but it requiere the skinprim attribute.

and

how can I attach those curves to my model in order to follow the geometry when I have an animation?

Thanks you
Edited by Gerardo Castellanos - 2019年3月19日 11:46:59
Gerardo Castellanos
www.gerardocastellanos.com
310 posts
I can't help your first question, but might be able to provide some insight regarding the second question. Parenting in Houdini is not easy - something that should be basic is actually extremely convoluted. Even if you have a head alembic, getting your curves to sit on the head properly and move with it, while maintaining rotation isn't the easiest thing. Two things I can suggest would first be attempting to use the point deform. You need the hair to match the head alembic at the rest frame, then use the static head and animated head as the two other inputs to the point deform.

The issue with this setup is that it isn't the most accurate thing in the world, and will break with certain setups. It works by treating the head abc as a point cloud and it uses those nearby points to deform the curves. This might work for you, but if not, the other answer isn't as simple, but more accurate.

If you have a locator that contains the intrinsic transforms and rotates of the head, then you can import that locator and use a fetch to access that intrinsic data. After that, you can apply that data to the groom, if you parent the groom to the fetch node at obj level.

The point deform is much easier to implement if you don't have a locator with that intrinsic data, so that's where I'd start.
47 posts
Hi Midasssilver

Thanks for your support.

I partially solved it using the “guideskinattriblookup” node.

I am still working on that.

Thanks you again.
Gerardo Castellanos
www.gerardocastellanos.com
  • Quick Links