Editing Bone Placement after Capture

3899   2   1
22 posts
Hey there,

I'd like to modify the position of some bones, but I've already captured and weighted my model. I've tried bypassing the capture SOP and then repositioning the bones, but when I reactivate it, I'm getting unpredictable weighing all over the model on points that were not influenced by the bones I moved. Is there a way to export the weighting and then import it after I repostion the bones?

Thanks…
212 posts
Most likely you haven't fixed your “good” capture and the captureSOP is set to capture at frame ZERO.

The good weigthing you have is based on the position of the bones where you don't want them. If you want to keep your capturing “live” you key all the bones/controls at frame zero and move those keys to frame -1. Then you can set the capture frame to be frame -1 not 0. Then you can use frame 0 to reposition the bones before your animation starts.

OR,

You can write out an override file (opcat) to disk and force the captureSOP to use it. You can lock the CaptureSOP, so the sop won't re-cook the data. You can write out a bgeo to disk after the CaptureSOP and read it into a fileSOP, then plug that sop into the deform. Or you can se

Hope that helps.
-k
22 posts
much thanks
  • Quick Links