Randomize Agent Heading Not working

1903   4   1
58 posts
I Ctrl+click “Simulate” in the Crowds shelf.
In the SOP /obj/crowdsource/crowdsource I tick “Randomize Heading”.
Nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Seems odd that this functionality doesn't work with the built in example.

On a related note, is there a way to set a goal heading in the simulation?
If you set the heading with a Wrangle, when the agent reaches that state, it will snap to the heading.
37 posts
At a basic level crowd agents are just being guided by pops so you can give the point a vector and that should be the initial heading of the crowd agent.

So if you scattered a hundred points on a grid.. and used a simple wrangle to set a vector then all those points should have same vector. Then use attribute randomised or something to distort the vectors.

Now use that as the points for your agents and you should get random headings that you can control.

Btw it does work in the randomised heading but I had to twiddle some settings to get it working.

I'm not at pc so this is all in my head really but the scatter points wrangle and attr rand should work as I did that Monday on a test lol.
9 posts
I'm also super stuck on this. I can't figure out a way to set the initial direction of an agent. It seems that this is exactly what Heading is supposed to do. As far as I can tell heading doesnt do anything. I'm setting velocity to zero, to be sure.

Anyone have any ideas?

Here is a hip file with a most basic setup. Adjusting the heading on the crowdsource does not effect the direction of the agents. Nor does ‘randomize heading’.

Thank you!!!
Edited by sam_hains - 2019年8月22日 10:48:54

Attachments:
heading_not_working.hiplc (316.1 KB)

9 posts
Oh woops, OK so it seems that heading only taken into consideration once you run the dop sim. So you need to run a crowd sim to actually see the results!
37 posts
Nice one. Yeah I was going to suggest a wrangle to point the vector and then attribute randomise but I already mentioned that in my last post which works well overall. The nice thing about that is you should see it on your first frame pre sim but yeah running the sim is often best way to see what's going on lol
  • Quick Links