Pftrack and Houdini

7007   6   1
21 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to use Pftrack, and I managed to export a .clip file to Houdini, but the problem is that I think this file only relates to the camera movement. But what I really want to import to Houdini is the object tracking (but it seems Pftrack only does it to shake). Am I right? Can I export to houdini the object tracking instead of the camera tracking?
Thank you in advance
Tiago
1145 posts
No, any data that PFtrack spits out should be able to go to Houdini. There isn't anything particularly magical about the data, it's simply lists of coordinates.
I haven't opend PFtrack for a while, perhaps there is an option you need to turn on?
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
21 posts
thanks probbins,
the thing is in pftrack there's an option called “2D tracking exports” and an option called “3d camera exports”, the first doesn't export to houdini, and when I used the second one it only gave me the camera data, but has you said, maybe I didn't use the proper preferences. The manual isn't very helpful as well… I'll keep on trying,
thanks
Tiago
1145 posts
PixelFarm is pretty responsive, drop them and email and ask them.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
21 posts
They were responsive.

Just to let you know if you're interested:

“…unfortunately at the moment you can't export moving objects to Houdini. Objects tracked with feature points or geometry can be exported to 3ds Max, Flame, Lightwave, Maya and XSI.”
154 posts
surely once the objects are in maya or xsi, it becomes easy to bring them into houdini?

how is the moving data represented if u import a 2d track into maya?
21 posts
I haven't tried that.
Here in Bournemouth they have Maya but since they also have 3dequalizer that exports to houdini, i used 3de.
I have to try Maya though, when i've more time.
Thanks
  • Quick Links