Passing attributes

8842   3   0
17 posts
I am trying to bring over a second set of vertex colors. I have tried bringing over those colors as ‘uv’, ‘Alpha’, ‘Illumination’ << these crash max. Tried these ‘uv1’, ‘uv11’,'uv99' and nothing seems to get marshalled over, not crashing at least. :/

Would love a HDA example of marshaling attributes from Houdini to 3ds Max to see if it is me or a bug. Running into lots of crashing, when trying different things.

P, N, UVs and Cd come over correctly.

Max 2018, Houdini 18.0.356

Attachments:
zTester.hda (21.3 KB)

スタッフ
387 posts
Is the HDA that you attached (zTester.hda) crashing for you?
17 posts
@BrandonA no, but if you change the attribute ‘uv11’ to ‘Illumination’ it would. Might of been uv+ some other number, not at my computer at the moment.
Edited by MattRapelje - 2020年2月14日 16:49:37
スタッフ
387 posts
The plugin should be able to import alpha, illumination, as well as all of the uv maps (uv..uv99).

I tried to reproduce the crash with the attached asset but was unable to. I also tried changing uv11 to illumination, but the illumination was showing up correctly in 3ds Max.

I will try a few more tests (I was investigating with 3ds Max 2019 but I will also try with 2018), but if you could also attach the HDA that is crashing for you, that would be super helpful!

Thank you!
  • Quick Links