TOPs JSON file values to SOPs

1091   1   1
24 posts
Hi,

I have a JSON file with a list of 'types' of things and then 'choices' within those types.
In SOPS I have corresponding geo for the 'types' and the variations within the 'types' i.e. the 'choices'

I want to use the JSON file to construct geo from the various types with the choices in each JSON entry. And I have the JSON info successfully coming from my file into TOPs as attributes, so that aspect is working.

I initially built this successfully using a Wedge node but in that first test I was using the wedge to drive the Seed value of an Attribute Adjust that had min/max values for the number of 'choices' and then that choice was copied to a point.

This time I want to use the values in the JSON to define which piece is being selected, like in a switch, or some other way.

My question is (and I really feel like I'm probably missing a simple concept here) how do I get those values over into SOPs to use them?

Really appreciate any insight into this, even if it's just RTFM and pointing to a page. I may have just confused myself by reading too much online about all this and I'm over thinking it.

Thanks!
24 posts
Figured it out. Thanks to Entagma (of course!).
https://entagma.com/pdg-101-pt-7-product-lineup/ [entagma.com]
  • Quick Links