PDG evaluation weirdness

885   0   1
143 posts
Sorry for this incomplete description... I`ll try to create and add an example scene once I´m finished with the deadline I´m chasing right now, but basically, what`s happening is, I have a scene, where I want to render 16 variations of a buildings facade in 3 different views/lighting conditions each, the ideal time to dive into PDGs, or so I thought.
But early on, during the night, it got stuck on a bucket (using Redshift) and pretty much nothig was done in the morning.
I cancelled the running cooking and tried using a FilterByRange Top to skip the rendered images and only render the missing ones.

The scene is structured using Wedge Integer Attributes, that drive Switch nodes in Solaris. When I had created the Static Workitems for the desired range of workitems by clicking the workitem dots in the TOPs Network LOP, everything looked fine in Viewport. So I clicked on Cook Output node and noticed, that the second switch node was feeding the wrong geometry to the Renderer. I cancelled the cook, checked the custom @fassade attribute, that was supposed to drive the switch node, but both in the switch node, and also in the Workitems properties (right clicking on the workitem dot and choosing "Work Item Info") showed the correct value. So I tried cooking only that single first Workitem by right clicking its dot a letting it cook... and to my surprise, it started cooking correctly.
I cancelled the cook and went on cooking the entire output node without dirtying any nodes, and when the first Work Item, that just started cooking correctly when cooked by its own, started cooking as part of cooking the entire range of nodes, it loaded the wrong geometry again.

I don`t really have time to try and put together a test scene... not even sure I´ll be able to reproduce this weird behaviour in a test scene, by on the off chance, anyone might have come across this behaviour or has any idea where to look for an error, I´m posting this here.

Cheers,
Ivan
  • Quick Links