[Character Animation Workflow] Reset handles to defaults?

930   2   0
114 posts
Is there a way to do something like middle-click a handle to reset it to defaults? I have been trying to work primarily in a full-screen viewport for doing some simple body mechanics stuff and it is annoying to have to pop open a parameter box just to middle-click a foot back to zero rotation.

Thanks!!!
311 posts
nicholasralabate
Is there a way to do something like middle-click a handle to reset it to defaults? I have been trying to work primarily in a full-screen viewport for doing some simple body mechanics stuff and it is annoying to have to pop open a parameter box just to middle-click a foot back to zero rotation.

Thanks!!!

So I've tried to find a way to do this. However, only with the Parameter pane it seems possible.

Nevertheless, if anyone know how to get the parm(s) of the currently selected control handle in the Scene View I guess this should be possible with a simple script assigned to a hotkey.

example
>>> parm=hou.parm('/obj/char_workflow/char_rig/r_heel_tx')
>>> hou.Parm.revertToDefaults(parm)
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
114 posts
Ah, thanks for looking into this. I did think of something like CTRL+Shift+T to reset Translates and CTRL+Shift+R to reset rotations... but I was hoping something was built-in. Appreciate the code!
  • Quick Links