RigPose and CHOPs

1196   4   0
6 posts
Hello! I have a question about CHOPs in conjunction with KineFX. Do I understand correctly that the rig pose node does not currently work correctly with the CHOPs? This is what happens when I export a channel from
CHOPs into more than one joint of node rigPos.The video shows that the values ​​are changing and the handler is also spinning, since I exported the CHOPs there. But this does not affect the joints themselves. Am I missing something or does the rigPose node really not work with the CHOPs?

Attachments:
rigPoseCHOPs0001-3977.mp4 (12.2 MB)

7 posts
Hey. I was also running into issues with this. I ended up not using the CHOP exporter, but the export node instead. To me it seems like it's got to do with the way the Motion FX rmb menu options set up the chopnet. But I didn't really look into this further.

Attachments:
kinefx_chops.hip (194.5 KB)

6 posts
Гонза Топинка
Hey. I was also running into issues with this. I ended up not using the CHOP exporter, but the export node instead. To me it seems like it's got to do with the way the Motion FX rmb menu options set up the chopnet. But I didn't really look into this further.

Thanks for the answer! I opened your stage. But the fact is that I'm interested in the imported channel from the animated rigpos node and the export to the same channel of already processed CHOPs. This design, in my opinion, is a primary necessity in working with CHOPs. What you showed is the initially created channel inside the CHOPs and exported. I don't have any problems with this either. But I need to change the animated channel. It would be cool to get an answer from the developers, what's the matter .. And thank you very much for your answer!
6 posts
Honza Topinka

If you specify the full names of the channels in the export node, the export still works. Let's see how this export method will manifest itself in the future. Hope it will work.

Attachments:
Без назви-2.jpg (123.7 KB)

6 posts
vasylijbabich
Гонза Топинка

Thanks for the answer! I opened your stage. But the fact is that I'm interested in the imported channel from the animated rigpos node and the export to the same channel of already processed CHOPs. This design, in my opinion, is a primary necessity in working with CHOPs. What you showed is the initially created channel inside the CHOPs and exported. I don't have any problems with this either. But I need to change the animated channel. It would be cool to get an answer from the developers, what's the matter .. And thank you very much for your answer!

all the same, rig poses with CHOPs do not work correctly. You have to disconnect the node in which the animation was created from the animation branch, import the animation from there into the CHOPs and then export it to another rigpos node. In addition, the animation in rigpos gets stuck. Even after the channels are not exported there, this node can produce animation. The video shows that the rotation parameter does not change anywhere, but in the viewport you can see how the joint rotates. In all likelihood, rigpos is not ready to work with CHOPs.

Attachments:
2023-04-25 20-36-31.mp4 (5.4 MB)

• Quick Links