Solaris OpenGL Triplanar Displacement Help

900   2   0
49 posts
Hey all,
I'm trying to make an uber shader for our usd pipeline. I have a redshift triplanar shader, and a mtlx triplanar shader being piped into a collect node.
Its proven to be a nice way of having both Karma and Redshift on tap for lighting. The system works well for variant based assets with generated uvs.
However, I'm really struggling with the open gl viewport for triplanar based materials. Karma loads the shader just fine, but unfortunately the viewport refuses to show the object when I have the displacement going into the collect. Im more than happy to override the open gl displacement as a solve, but I would still need karma to load the displacement at render time. Any work arounds for this? Is there a vex based triplanar shader I can use in place of the mtlx for the viewport?

Open to any suggestions. I even messed with the usd preview shader for bit, with little success.

As an aside. The karma shader output is radically different than redshift for this asset.....I speculate I might have some passes set up incorrectly anyways?

any tips, workarounds, etc would be appreciated thank you!!

Attachments:
redshift_mtlx_triplanar_material_assets_build_v002.hiplc (1.6 MB)

49 posts
I cant seem to attach the entire shader package--ive added the important one though--the displacement--though its a jpg not an exr :/
Edited by jtk700cln - 2023年6月24日 16:45:40

Attachments:
vl1lbbylw_4K_Displacement.jpg (2.5 MB)
wiqmfcmn_4K_Displacement.jpg (2.1 MB)

49 posts
and heres a couple viewport images:

Attachments:
redshift.png (2.6 MB)
opengl.PNG (2.4 MB)
karma.PNG (2.5 MB)

• Quick Links