Graphics Hardware Requirements
Houdini requires an OpenGL 4.0 compliant graphics card. 4GB VRAM or more is required.
Supported Pro Graphics Cards
- Nvidia RTX 6000, RTX 5000, RTX 4000
- Nvidia Quadro GV100
- Nvidia Quadro P6000, P5000, P4000
- Nvidia Quadro M6000, M5000, M4000, M2000
- Nvidia Quadro K6000, K5000
- Nvidia Quadro K5200, K4200, K2200
- Nvidia Quadro 6000
- AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100, WX8200, WX 7100, WX 5100 , WX4100, WX3100
- AMD Radeon Pro SSG
- AMD FirePro W9100, W8100, W7100, W5100
- AMD FirePro W9000, W8000, W7000, W5000
Supported Consumer Graphics Cards
- Nvidia GEForce 1080, 1070, 1060
- Nvidia GEForce 980, 970
- Nvidia GEForce Titan, Titan X, Titan Black
- Nvidia GEForce Titan Z (single GPU for rendering or compute only)
- Nvidia GEForce 780 Ti, 780, 770, 760
- Nvidia GEForce 690
OpenCL 1.2 is no longer supported with the latest driver for Fermi architecture cards.
(Quad buffer stereo not available on GEForce cards)
Supported Intel Graphics
- Intel Iris, Iris Pro (all models)
- Intel HD Graphics P5700, 5600, 5500, 5300
- NOTE: It is very important to get the absolute latest driver for Intel cards from the Intel website. Without them, you'll experience hangs/crashes.
- NOTE: Intel cards are NOT supported on OSX. See below for Supported OSX Graphics cards.
- Mobile GPU should be mid-to-high end, performance-wise, for production work.
- Mobile equivalents of supported pro and consumer level cards are recommended
- Card must be OpenGL 4.0 compliant, Minimum 4GB VRAM required.
- (OpenCL 1.2 is no longer supported with the latest driver for Fermi architecture cards.)
Supported OSX Graphics Cards
OSX 10.10.2 or 10.10.3 (Yosemite)
- Nvidia Quadro K5000
- AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64
- AMD FirePro D700
Supported Windows/Linux Drivers
- Nvidia Quadro/GEForce 390 or higher
- AMD 19.Q1 or higher
- Intel 10.18.10.3958 or higher.