Teaching Houdini means giving your students a tool that is highly prized by the industry. This award-winning software will help you and your students develop skills that are in high demand that will get them hired into meaningful jobs.
Schools have access to Houdini Education, a floating license designed to be used in computer labs. This version uses .hipnc files but has no restrictions on render size and no watermark. Houdini Digital Assets [.hdanc], created in either Houdini Education or Houdini Apprentice, can be loaded into host applications using the Houdini Engine Education licenses.
Houdini Education licenses include the following:
A Stronger Connection
Our certification program is a way for us to celebrate schools that endeavour to understand deeply, are willing to share insights and inspire others to make passionately.
How we choose our schools:
Certification is by invitation only, but if you want to grab our attention and let us know that you are interested send us a student reel. With a panel of industry judges we certify applicants that have been teaching Houdini for at least one year, based on three criteria.
- Quality of student work
- Instructor knowledge and quality of curriculum
- Professional development of students
Benefits of Certification:
- Graduate Licenses: Graduates of certified schools will receive a commercial Houdini licenses for a period of time as they make their way into the workplace
- Promotion: We will recognize your school on our website,industry events & with our commercial customers when they are looking for interns or talent
- Sponsorship: SideFX offers prizes for school-run contests & industry judges to connect students to studios Class
- Presentations: Invite us to your class to give a online presentation and/or answer questions about student projects
- Portfolio Review: We can't always come on campus,but can meet with your students online to give feedback on their portfolios
Q | Are Education licenses floating or node locked?
A | Our Education licenses are floating and can be used in a 100km radius from the administrative computer they are installed on. Houdini Apprentice licenses are node-locked.
Q | Can students buy Houdini Education licenses?
A | No, only institutions teaching Houdini can purchase the Education licenses. However, Houdini Education and Apprentice have compatible non-commercial file formats. That’s why we encourage students, instructors and researchers to use Houdini Apprentice at home then render out projects without resolution limitations or watermarks at their lab using the Education licenses.
Q | Can we buy monthly or multi-year subscriptions of Houdini Education?
A | At this point, Houdini Education licenses are 12 month rentals only.
Q | How does the Houdini Education license compare with commercial or indie licenses?
A | You can explore the details in this Comparison Chart: