DAILY ART CHALLENGE
Welcome to the MARDINI Daily Art Challenge - your chance to compete for cool prizes by creating images or animations! With a different challenge every day during the month of March, you'll have 31 chances to enter and win.
For this MARDINI you will use the daily theme prompts that allow you to freely express yourself and use the Houdini Tools that you know best. The focus of this contest is the aesthetics of your submitted artwork although clever use of Houdini might give you an edge. You can refer to the 2022 winners to get an idea of what artists accomplished last year.
HOW TO ENTER
Submit your work to these forums in order for your artwork to be considered. To win the daily prizes, you must post:
- your image or animation
- a screengrab that shows your artwork in the viewport and a network that shows how you used Houdini.
These must be posted before Midnight EST/EDT on each day. You may submit art to any of the topics throughout the month but your work will only be eligible for the daily prizes or daily entry point if you submit before the daily deadline. You will still be eligible for the Iron Heart prize if you submit after the topic date.Feel free to also post your Mardini entries on social media using the hashtag #MARDINI2023. Note that posting to social media does not constitute and entry to the contest. You must post to the forum for your entries to be considered.
HOW TO WIN
1st Place Image
1st Place Animation
2nd Place Image
2nd Place Animation
3rd Place Image
3rd Place Animation
- Only one submission per day per artist is allowed. You can create an image or an animation but not both.
- This contest is void where prohibited.
- Employees of SideFX or any of their agents may participate in the contest but are not eligible to win.
- The judges' decision is final.
- SideFX is not responsible for submissions that arrive late, or are lost or damaged during submission.
- If the prize cannot be awarded due to unforeseen circumstances, no cash alternatives are available.
- Artwork created for these challenges must be created using primarily Houdini products. Winners will be asked to submit .hip files to verify that Houdini was used for all aspects of the designs. If you do not submit the files then you will be disqualified.
- External geometry and texture maps may be used as part of your submission but Houdini must be your main tool.
- All content must be the property of the submitter. If you are running Houdini on an employer or school computer make sure that this does not compromise your ownership rights.
- Entries that clearly infringe on the copyrights of another company will be disqualified.
- Your entry in the contest constitutes an agreement to allow SideFX unrestricted use and distribution of the artwork submitted.