How can I install licenses without Internet access?
If you do not have internet access from the machine running Houdini, you will need to use a second machine with internet access to acquire your licenses.
- From the license server machine, run the License Administrator (hkey)
- Click on the Server Information tab and record the server name and server code
- From the machine with internet access, log into : https://www.sidefx.com/services/licenses/ using your SideFX website login (you may need to link it with your licensing login).
- You will see a full license history for your account
- Click on "Redeem License Entitlements" and enter quantities beside the licenses to redeem
- Select an existing server from the list of server names and server codes, or add a new server by entering the server name and server code. Make sure that you choose the correct Server to redeem the licenses to!
- Click on Redeem Entitlement
- You should now have the keystrings at the top of the web browser page.
Save the license keystrings to a file
A keystring begins with the word
- From the license server machine, open the License Administrator (hkey)
- Select File -> Manually Enter Keys... From H19, Select File-> Import Licenses and then click on the Manual Install button.
- Copy and Paste each key either from the web browser or from your saved file into a text box using Ctrl+V and press OK
Make sure you copy the entire keystring. Failing to do so will cause Houdini not to function.
Each keystring needs to be entered on a separate line in the License Administrator GUI.
A new keystring begins at the keyword: