How do I move licenses to another computer?
- Houdini licenses are registered to both the computer hardware and computer name.
- It is not enough that you uninstall Houdini from the computer to move your licenses.
- Release the licenses by returning them back to your account at SideFX using the License Administrator.
- Once the licenses have been released from the computer, they are returned to your account.
- They will show on the account as uninstalled license entitlements.
- You can then use the License Administrator on the new computer to install the returned licenses. This will complete the move.
- You cannot use the web portal to move your licenses.
- Licenses must be moved from the machine with the licenses, using the License Administrator.
- For more information, please see Return licenses.