do we have a modo "Thicken" Alike?

6956   5   1
618 posts
i play with the extrude node, i wanted to create a window (to later shatter it and RBD)
it create new polygons outward, (but they are not attach) and i want to keep the polygons on the sides Mesh but only the ones to make it thicker thats all.

i imagine that has something related with Fuse node at the end.

any tips on how to do it?

thanks
156 posts
If you are using the poly extrude sop then you can use the “keep points shared” option. Try the help cards.
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
618 posts
the poly extrude works a little bit like a bevel. (i was using Extrude node)
and doesnt create a back wall,
thanks for the help cards i am still reading and trying to check if there is any special node for that matter.

and yea i found that in the options of the “Poly Extrude” Can let you duplicate the polys (keep the originals, and also create some extruded ones)

and this bring me to another question, since the window i am doing is for a car and a little bend, can i extrude along a particular “Normal”? (my poly extrude looks like it just bevel the hole grouped polygons inside the poly .

(Thanks)
166 posts
Perhaps there is a better wy but one way to keep the original polygons is to pipe both the source geometry and the extrude node into a merge, then use a fuse to combine them. However you may have to reverse the normals on on of the geometries first.
1770 posts
the poly extrude has an output back option, so you get the original polys, it can behave like thicken in modo
daniel bukovec | senior fx td | weta digital
qLib -- http://qlab.github.io/qLib/ [qlab.github.io]
618 posts
Hi thanks, i know what was the issue,
i was so concern on Modeling with the nodes; you need to select the polygons you want to use and then “Poly Extrude” from the shelf (OR manually)

i wasnt doing that .

thanks for the tips.
  • Quick Links