Move reference copy node

1353   5   2
385 posts
Hello
i was just wondering if there is an easy way after you make a reference copy of a specific node, to move it to another context without breaking all the relative references.
for example i make a unified noise inside a vop in a solver with all of its parameters linked to a null controller in obj.
i make a reference copy of that unified noise and i'd like to paste it in a vop outside of the solver maintaining all the relative references to the null controller.
313 posts
Try dragging your reference node to the shelf. Then edit it and look for a relative path. After that you can use search and replace to either make every path absolute. If you want a relative path you need to determine from where it should go. Apply the changes and now drag and drop the node from the shelf to the desired location.

Cheers!
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
698 posts
This Houdini Toolbox, comes with an extra entry to the right-click menu that adds an absolute reference copy.
Houdini-Toolbox [github.com]

Cheers
CYTE
385 posts
CYTE
This Houdini Toolbox, comes with an extra entry to the right-click menu that adds an absolute reference copy.
Houdini-Toolbox [github.com]

Cheers
CYTE

going for the packages installation but after restarting Houdini i cant find the right click menu option you are talking about.

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (20.4 KB)

698 posts
It's in the same place as the normal reference copy....

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (112.3 KB)

385 posts
CYTE
It's in the same place as the normal reference copy....

its not there for me, probably the installation didn't work?
that's why i have a attached a screenshot of the package json file. Do you see something wrong with the paths?
  • Quick Links